

There has been a lot going on this week. First of all we are so very proud of Nathaniel. He received two awards on Tuesday at school. One was for reading and the other was student of the month from his class. He was so excited! We were too! He said we should do something special since he got two awards. He wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese and that is where we celebrated his special day. He also lost his first tooth and finished his very first season of basketball. Wow!
Here is the latest update on the adoption process. We had our fingerprints done this week. I asked the lady if this was what it felt like to be a criminal and she said, "At least it is not black ink and a mug shot." It went well and it was very quick thankfully. We were in and out in 15 minutes. Our homestudy has been sent to Holt and USCIS and Holt has approved it. We should get our confirmation from USCIS in 60 days or less. Our social worker says this is our golden ticket to bring our little one home. If we have to wait longer than 18 months we will have to be fingerprinted again. Hopefully that will not happen.
Also this week we were able to visit with a very special family from our church, Tim and Nikki Buchannon. Isaiah, their five year old son who had Apert's Syndrome, has been in and out of Vanderbilt for surgery and visits more than I can count. They have been a true blessing in our life and such an example of faith and strength. Isaiah is now in Heaven. He will truly be missed. I ask everyone who reads this to please pray for comfort and healing. I know he is in the Lord's arms and I hope Isaiah has already met my Cambell.
This week I am especially thankful for my family and two healthy boys.

No comments:
Post a Comment