After a long day of travel (12 hours) we finally made it to Managua.
We passed the US Embassy on the way to the mission house.
Driving through the city of Managua was very eye opening of all the luxuries we have in the US. Trash was everywhere! Little boys Nathaniel's age was standing in the middle of moving traffic to wash windows for $1.
This is the view from the BMDMI mission house. It was beautiful! It was great to feel the warm sunshine. The mission house was much nicer than I had expected.
These are my peeps I went with. I have worked with Dr. Howell for 11 years and Brooke is also a dental hygienist and we have been friends since college.
I felt like we were at church camp!
We had a team meeting to discuss plans, we sang, we prayed, and we worshiped.
We drew names for prayer partners for the week. My PP gave me a journal to write in for the week. I am glad I did or I would have forgotten half of the details.
We were a large group of 58 and very diverse with ages ranging from 14-70 years old. We all met up in Miami from five different states. We soon felt like one big happy family. We spent one night at the mission house before heading out to the village.
Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down.
Here I am to say that your my God.
Your altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me



I have a burning to desire to do this. I'm going to love all these posts! Proud of you girl!
ReplyDeleteMe too:)
DeleteYou can sing - so I know that you could help with the worship team and love on some little ones;)))))) hint, hint!
"Here I am to worship"
ReplyDeleteThat is the theme of the mission - to serve, worship and give. Proud of you girl!