Sunday, March 4, 2012

Home from Nicaragua


Well I survived my first mission trip! I am glad to be home! We had an amazing trip! Plans changed a little before we left. The village we were originally suppose to go to would not shut the school down for us to use so that meant we were not welcome there. However, a team had been there exactly 1 year ago so the need would not have been as great. We ended up going to a village called La Corona. No one had been there in 8 years and the team I was with were the ones who served there. Some of the team members had remembered going there and were glad we were returning. It is not too far out of Matagalpa.

La Corona is known for organic coffee. There are coffee bean plants everywhere covered by two canopies. The first being fruit trees for flavor and profit and the second shade trees. Most of the people in this village work on the coffee farms. 

I think I am going to blog this day by day. It would be too much  to try and do in one post.  So hopefully this week I can get through it all. 


1 comment:

  1. This is totally awesome! So awesome for you to experience too! WTG Cindy!:)

    ReplyDelete