Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Roller Coaster Ride Has Begun


Well we knew there were going to be ups and downs. Everything has been so postive up to this point until today. I had a discouraging phone call with our agency. She pretty much told me that it was going to be very unlikely that we would get a healthy girl from Korea after the social worker said it was going to be a great experience and Korea was her favorite country to work with. She placed three healthy Korean children in the Bowling Green area last year two of whom were girls. After making another phone call a family with experience said this happened to them too. So once again we are going with Hope! Dad sent me an email yesterday that was a good reminder that Hope got Nolan here. Mom had given me a necklace with hope on it the the month I found out we were expecting him. I wore that necklace almost everyday. When mom and Dad arrived at the hospital the day Nolan was born this picture is what they pulled up to find outside. Here is a quote dad sent me. When God leads you to it. God gets you through it. So once again our theme is hope!
But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared them that love Him. 1 Cor. 2:9

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy, I'm so sorry about the disappointing news today. Everything had sounded so good on Monday when we talked. Please know that I have been praying for you since you first shared this with me and will continue to do so. I have no doubts that things are going to work out as they should and in His timing. Love you all dearly! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy and Nat,
    You have so many people who have you on their minds, and in their prayers, constantly, I know Jimmy and I do, this is only one day, in your journey. Don't take your eye off of God and what He can make happen. "I can do all things, though Christ, who strengthens me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness! How ironic that that was outside the day NOlan was born. Wow, I have chills! :) Keep thinking positive and I just know that the Lord has GREAT plans for your baby girl. He knows exactly who she is this very minute. She'll be home soon.

    Prayers are coming your way...Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete