skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This One Is For Both of Our Girls
I heard this song tonight and I couldn't help but think of both of my girls. There is not a day that goes by I don't think about Cambell Grace. She would be five years old. That is so hard to believe. Our life would be so different today if we had not lost her and I would be a different person. Cambell is the reason I am who I am today.
Cambell paved the road for Nolan and Ella and I am grateful for that.
I thought I would share the song lyrics to Mark Scultz's song in honor of Campbell Grace and Ella Marie.
The chorus is perfect for both of our girls.
What It Means To Be Loved
For five months and eight days my wife and I had waitedGettin' ready for our baby girlBut when he called the doctor said I need to see youand could you come in soonthen something died inside of me to sit with him and hearthe tests that said our baby may not live to be a yearthen turnin' to my wife and he said "whata you wanna do?"and she said...
I wanna give her the worldI wanna hold her handI wanna be her mom for as long as I canand I wanna live every moment until that day comesI wanna show her what it means to be loved
so we spent each day, watchin' every minuteand prayin' for our baby girland I will not forget the way I felt that momentwhen she came into this worldbut they took her from the room just as soon as she was bornand watchin' through a window I could see her holdin' onwhen a voice inside me said...
I wanna give her the worldI wanna be her dadI wanna hold her close for as long as I canand I wanna live every moment until that day comesI wanna show her what it means to be loved
I said everydaywe've got to bring her homeshe's been out to prove the doctors wrongoh and you should see her nowshe's as pretty as her momand theres a boy at the front door waiting just to take her to her high school prom...
and he wants to give her the worldwants to hold her handand someday she may get a wedding band
but she's gunna live every moment until that day comesand we're gunna show her what it means to be loved
Oh yeah (what it means to be loved)
show her what it means to be lovedwhat it means to be loved
You're an amazing woman and mom Cindy. Big hugs to you and your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet, Cindy.
ReplyDelete