I have had so many people ask me today when we are leaving. I really do wish I could answer that. The truth is... we just don't know. They told us when our EP was approved to plan on 4 to 6 weeks. This Thursday will be 5 weeks. We really cannot imagine this wait going on much longer. Even though it would seem that the wait might be easier because we can see the finish line, it actually becomes harder.
We have been going to an Adopted For Life class at Living Hope. We have really enjoyed getting to know some new people seeking adoption and also the support from others who have already been through the process. We are also in class with others who have experienced some of the same loss and pain we have been through in the past.
Tonight we talked about some of the emotions you experience from past circumstances of infertility, miscarriage, and loss of a child. We can definitely relate to the last two . One of my biggest fears of adoption was that we were trying to fill the void of losing Cambell and that others would think that too. Adoption has always been an option for us even before we married. After the longing to adopt for over a year before we mailed in the application, I am so very thankful that God has confirmed over and over that this is his plan for us. People have asked me if we had not been through the loss that we had, would we still adopt. I don't know the answer to that. However, our circumstances has led us to where we are now and we are just sooooo excited to finally be able to see the end ahead.
I know that Ella has already touched so many and she is not even here yet. I have had several approach me wanting to talk to us about the process and pursuing adoption for their family. I always promised myself I would use Cambell's life to glorify God in any way and I plan to do the same with Ella's story. We are grateful that He is blessing us again with a baby girl.
We will let you know as soon as we hear. It seems to be warming up in Korea. Maybe we will be able to enjoy it without getting frost bite. I went through her packed bag again tonight to make sure everything we needed for her was in there. We are soooooooo ready. Bring on that TC please! We need our baby home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hugs to you Cindy! I've been praying and praying and even asked our pastor for our church to pray for us. I know it'll happen in God's time. But the waiting is so hard as you know. Congrats on Ella, can't wait to see that sweet girl home with you and your family. Lots of love....
ReplyDelete"all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" Psalm 139:16 Both Cambell & Ella's days were written by God & nothing we could do to change either. I was so blessed to be able to share with you Cambell's short time on this earth...she changed my life forever & we will always love & miss her & long for the day we can see her again...she is getting to experience the glories of Heaven that I can't even begin to imagine & I know she is dancing & celebrating right now over the fact that she is a big sister again! "weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" Psalm 30:5 Ella has been your daughter from the very beginning & we are soooo ready to meet her! Praying for TC this week!! LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete