Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Surprise


Across the ocean but in our hearts, you were born.


The plan last night was to go to bunco, but it got cancelled at the last minute. So, I decided that we should celebrate Ella's birthday.  I called a couple of friends to see if they wanted to join us for dinner and they said yes. I wanted to leave early so we could go pick up a cake. Nat said I couldn't get a cake. He finally told me Brittany already had gotten a cake. Right after that, Katy called and asked if we would stop by before we went to dinner because she wanted me to look at Wilson's mouth because she thought he had thrush. Didn't she know what thrush looked like???  I was so confused.

When I got to the door, I saw the decorations and sweet Elizabeth greeted me with a party hat. Everyone was there and they had suprised me with a birthday party for Ella that had been planned for weeks. Sneeky friends! I love it! We had a great time. Ella girl, you are so loved and already so spoiled. I hope you had a great day and celebrated in Korean style. We will be there to get you soon. We love you Ella!

SURPRISE!



Strawberry cupcakes


Your birthday song was loud with drums and cymbals.


The boys opened your presents. You are going to be one well dressed baby girl.

Nolan and Elizabeth blew out the candles while all the others played their loud instruments.

Here is a poem I saw on someone elses blog. It is perfect and I just love it!

As a girl I had a common dream, to be a mom someday.
My baby would have eyes of blue and hair the hue of hay.
But now my dreams have been transformed, new visions fill my head;
Now the tresses that I long to stroke are raven black instead.
And in my dreams those eyes are not so big or blue or round;
Now in my dreams they're almond shaped and colored cocoa brown.
And in my dreams my arms can stretch across enormous seas.
They reach half-way around the world and hold you close to me.
As you grow in your mother's womb, carefully knit together,
you're also growing in my heart, where you will stay forever.
And in my dreams the moment that your mother says good-bye;
I'll be right there to comfort you and hold you as you cry.
Our features may not look alike; we're different as can be;
But still I know the Father has created you for me.
And though I've not yet kissed your face, or held your tiny hands,
and though we're half a world apart in very different lands;
I'll be right there to get you just as soon as God allows.
But 'till He says the time is right I give to you this vow.
I'll pray for your protection every night on bended knee.
For God will hold you in His arms, until you're here with me.
-Gayle Leubecker


7 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet!! What great memories all of you have made this past year:) Ella's life is so blessed:)Thanks for making us all feel like we are right there in Bowling Green with all of you:)Now, on to next week, February 22nd has always been a good day!!! Best birthday gift Nana could ever get:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy!!! What a great birthday celebration for Ella!!! I can't wait to see you in Seoul!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is THE sweetest poem, I love it....although it's making me cry! Your friends are the sweetest also Cindy! What a special surprise for you! OH I can't wait to see Ella with you and your boys. Seoul bound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO sweet! Happy Birthday, Miss Ella!

    I love that poem, I have sent it to my Mom. I know she will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! We celebrated here with cupcakes, but our birthday song failed to have the instrumental accompaniment! LOL I LOVE the poem...so very true! Ella, we will do LOTS of celebrating when you get HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your baby girl as well (a few days late). What GREAT friends you have. I love the name of your daughter. I wanted to name our daughter Eliana and call her Ellee (not how I'd spell it, but thats how you'd say it). God is soo GOOD! Your daughter will be home soon. Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE! :) Found you through Emily Cassety's blog and I love to read about your little girl. We have just begun the foster/adopt journey and I just love how adoption has been laid by God on so many hearts.

    She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete