We have had so much fun exploring today. Nat is a great subway Navigator. The people her are so nice and helpful. A lot of them even speak English enough to help us out. The city has a certain smell to it. I really do not know how to describe. It is very busy place. It really is a lot like a big city in the US except for the language and food. There are many American restaurants everywhere. When all else failed for breakfast we found McDonald's. We also found Starbucks for some much needed caffeine. We are doing pretty good staying awake.
We went to Insadong which is just walking distance from our hotel.
There are a lot of motorcycles and scooters everywhere. If you don't watch out they will run over you.
We accidentally ran upon the war memorial....so we jumped off the bus to check it out.
Tomorrow morning we have our city tour. We are about 40 hours away to meeting our baby girl! It is hard to believe we are just minutes from her in this city. I cannot wait!!!




We see that it is 10:00 there, hope you are getting some sleep now. So glad you are having good weather. The motorcycle is so weird looking, and the streets look so narrow, but looks like an interesting city. Take lots of pictures tomorrow, we love them! Love you both and are praying for a wonderful week for you.
ReplyDeleteLove these pictures!! The picture of the flags is GORGEOUS! I'm so glad the weather is beautiful and you are enjoying exploring ELLA's city!! I think you are doing a great job of writing down the details and given us a visual of what it is like. I still can't believe you are on the other side of the world!
ReplyDeleteWe tried to skype you last night.....Maybe we will get a chance in the next day or two and especially when Ella gets in your arms. I can't wait to see her "in person"!
Thought we also might try to have a playdate with Nolan this week while your mom is in town. I'll get her number from Kerry and see what we can work out. It might help his week go by faster:)
It's 7 am on Monday morning here, and so that means you are 35 hours from your sweet baby girl. I know your heart is just pounding thinking about it. I'm already praying for a smooth transition for her as she leaves her foster family.
Last night at church, we prayed for you....everyone was so excited! Several people wanted to bring gifts next for our last class next week for Ella. I told them since she has two big brothers, so she has been BLESSED in the clothing area (with dozens of the sweetest smocked dresses you can imagine, btw) - but diapers and wipes would be a great idea! :) You have so many people that love you guys.........
Ok, I guess I'll stop writing my book......
Love you and can't wait to see more pictures of SEOUL!
LOVE all the pictures!! It keeps me from going completely CRAZY when I get on & see another post! It feels like we are there with you & yet again it seems so surreal...you are REALLY half way around the world & you will REALLY have Ella in your arms in 35 hrs! WOW! Over 6 mons of waiting & praying & God's perfect plan is coming together & it's only the beginning!
ReplyDeleteI really hope you are both finally getting a good night's sleep & can't wait to see the pictures from your city tour! LOVE YOU!
Cindy!!! So happy to see you in Seoul! I cannot wait to see Ella in your arms! I hope you all are having a fun time!!! We had a blast and already miss it :( Can't wait to see more pics!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe we were just there! We went to Insadong like 4 times! Loved that place. Namdaemun market was awesome, went there with our guide! Didnt' even see all of it either, it's huge! Hope all is well, not long now, till you see Ella! can't wait! Hugs to you lady! :)
ReplyDeleteJust can't stop thinking about you all and what you might be experiencing. Praying for you and simply can't wait to hear that you have had Ella in your arms. Less than 24 hours now.....praying and praising with you. Hugs to both of you sweet friends!
ReplyDelete